Monday, August 4, 2008

MDK presents: Harold and Kumar2 Escape from Guantanamo Bay


If you there was a movie genre more deeper than comedy which precisely talks about getting high on drugs, then this definitely would be in for the race. Although this may not be your stoner movie of the year as we haven't been graced by the presence of "The Pineapple Express" yet, it sure does make the cut!

Like journal entries, I can easily tag this movie with the words: weed (you just can't omit that because their whole adventure is based on that!), bong, adventure gone wrong, chicks, Neil Patrick Harris, douche bag characters and the mysterious odd couple! It's hard not to draw comparisons from its predecessor and say they're similar. Look at the tagged words I wrote above and you'd say it's practically the same thing but no. The twist in this movie is all about Kumar's love interest to his ex-girlfriend. What's interesting to see and something to look forward to is Kumar's romantic side. I almost got teary-eyed because yes I'd have to admit it was sweet what he did. You should actually take note of what he did.

A perfect company on a lonely Friday night, with your bottle of beer and a bag of chips to go along. Not crazy funny as hell but it's enough to keep you through the night!

Here's the poem recited by Kumar from the movie:

The Square Root of 3 by Dave Feinberg


I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed

No comments: