Tuesday, June 10, 2008

RIP: Rudy "Da Boy" Fernndez

On June June 7, 2008 the Philippine movie industry has yet lost another one of its movie stars. Rudy "Da Boy" Fernandez never recovered from a cancer and at exactly 6:15 am, that Saturday his body gave up. A celebrated father, husband, movie idol, heartrob, and hero - his image as one of the finest action stars will be remembered in Philippine history.

To tell you the truth, I never saw one of his films yet I am spending my time to make a post about this man because it frustrates me to see a talented man go. Especially in an industry that's already drowning because of the lack of good actors, he was an artist whose skills would surely be missed. I thought anyone would be good enough to be an actor in the Philippines, you just have to be pleasing to the camera and that's it. But after seeing the Starstruck graduates in movies and teleseryes, I was proved wrong.

With this stunning event, I never I figured that the face of Philippine Action Movie would be in its final breath. The guys who dodged bullets aimlessly, threw thunderous punches, and never knew the word fear in their lives. The men who thought us to be tough, to face the challenges in life and to stand up for what is right are now gone. Until then, we will wait for the next Baby Ama...

No comments: