Monday, May 19, 2008

COMBO ON THE RUN: new single from Cambio


I was browsing through the internet like I was walking around Katipunan, looking around, clicking whatever, heading nowhere when I caught myself stopping at Youtube. The small screen of the video shows, Kris Gorra-Dancel in a pink/black outfit. I played it and there was just something about it that got my eyes glued to the monitor. It was like a live acoustic set, with all the members holding an acoustic guitar except for Raimund Marasigan who wittingly exchanged his drum kit for an empty 5-gallon mineral water container. Ang galing at sobrang nakakatuwa panoorin. Para lang silang nagjajamming. The video concept was perfect as well as the choice for the audio. As intended by the 27+20 crew (same guys who gave us Sandwich's Betamax video), they wanted to capture the moment and apparently they did. While watching the video, I felt like I was in the same place as they were. There's a certain nostalgia that the video feeds off. Kaya feeling ko pa nga andoon ako nung mismong day na shinoot ito. Sana nga lang lumabas din ang song na ito, digital release man o sa CD pwede na para mas madaling mapakinggan. Hindi na kelangan pumunta ng Youtube para mapakinggan. hahahaha!

I can't remember how I got there in the first place but I'm glad and I'm sure somehow the music gods have something to do with me finding the video. Watch out for this single when and if it comes out and let's support pinoy music!!!

No comments: